Tuesday, January 13, 2015

THE SHAWL...AKA BEDSPREAD

Went to spinning group today and was blocked.  It's 2.9m wide so very King Size.
Price on this beauty is $2000 and that's a bargain considering how many hours one poor kiwi/australian put into making this beautiful masterpiece which will never be repeated.  No you gain sayers, it will never be repeated since ya'll won't have the exact fibres and colours this shawl used.

Apparently.....I am not allowed to put it on my bed until it's been to the Australian Sheep and Wool Show and been judged...We'll see.....well it is actually put away so it's not going to be second hand for at least 6 months..buyers?????


We usually have upward of 24 people in this room at one time with wheels etc..being after xmas, not all the ladies were present and lucky for me, they like me enough to tolerate my huge blocking item.  I think we did a pretty good job (yes I did have help..what you think I'm stupid? so much expertise in one room....)!!!

I call it my accidental shawl as I was not expecting this size..And the ladies saw it at all stages and no one there thought it was nearly so large either...It's a beauty.......

The blocking mats are about 80cm square per piece..just for reference...

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty impressive now it's all blocked! I think your price is definitely a bargain, after all there's some hard earned skill involved as well as all the hours. I don't think my current shawl will be that big when it's done, and it's not hand spun this time either but will still be very pretty and worth a fair bit too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I call it my accidental shawl as I certainly wasn't expecting it to be quite that big either. I really only set out to use my samples on one shawl, which I did.

      Delete

SOAP SOAP SOAP

The show went well.  Not as well as I would have liked but well enough... Now it's soap I am doing a lot of...Yet another old craft no...